10am - 4pm EST | 7am - 1pm PST
All the times below are in EST
10:00 am Conference Registration & Networking
10:30 am Chair’s Welcome & Recap of Day One
Transform Your Retail Employee & Customer Experience
10:50 am Discover: Driving a People-First HR Strategy to Transform Your Retail Brand’s Employee, Customer, & Commercial Ratings
- Bob Selle Chief Human Resources Officer, Ocean State Job Lot
• What do we need to do differently in HR to effectively lead a human-centric experience for our workforce and customers – whilst enabling our brand to scale?
• Radical new approaches to transforming your retail value proposition: creating a workplace that that attracts and retains the most talented employees
• How Ocean State Job Lot has totally transformed its HR impact with a “people-first” culture, maintaining a 27% turnover rate, a 23% increase in learning uptake, and an employer satisfaction rating of 95% in 2020
11:10 am Discover: Re-Imagining the Value of a Next-Level District Manager Onboarding Strategy to Enhance the Retail Employee & Customer Experience
- Matthew Metzger Head of Training & Development, Dollar General
• How can we rethink our approach to district manager training to engage our coworkers in a meaningful way, in a remote environment?
• Blending instructor-led training, self-directed learning and course personalization to equip district managers with the tools they need to lead over 16,000 stores to success
• How Dollar General has transformed its onboarding journey for over 900 district managers nationwide to boost engagement and preserve the customer and employee experience as an essential retailer in 2020
11:30 am Develop: What Are the Most Critical Aspects of a Leading Employee & Customer Experience Strategy?
11:50 am Action: How Can You Now Transform Your Approach to A World-Class Employee & Customer Experience?
12:10 pm Refreshment Break
Rewrite the Retail Talent Acquisition Playbook
12:30 pm Discover: Transforming the Traditional Recruitment Function to Meet the Changing Requirements of the Candidate, the Business, and the Customer in 2021’s Retail Industry
- Joanne Roth Transformation Lead – Talent Acquisition, Sobey’s
• What traditional thinking needs challenging to transform the strategic impact of talent acquisition in a large, high-volume retail recruitment function?
• Driving new, modern approaches to effectively find & attract the retail talent who will drive business-wide innovation and growth in an established company
• How Sobeys is undergoing a total talent transformation to reinforce its position as an employer of choice for 123,000 people across 1,500 retail locations
12:50 pm Discover: Enhancing Internal Synergies to Improve the Speed & Quality of Your Retail Hires
- Katie Daly Head of US Talent Acquisition, Starbucks
• How can we better work with store managers to transform the speed and quality of our retail hires, and improve workflow efficiencies for the future?
• The new ways of thinking that you can apply to workforce planning, candidate assessments, and internal hiring to better set stores up for success
• How Starbucks is working to transform the hiring capabilities of its 8,000+ store managers to support its stores with top quality talent
1:10 pm How One Retail Organization’s New Approach to Staffing Is Saving Store Managers Hours Every Week
- Tracy Aguilar Director of Talent Acquisition - Stores, Burlington Stores
• Challenging traditional thinking to ensure we attract and engage top quality retail talent: how can we position our brand to be future-ready?
• Driving new approaches to securing stakeholder buy-in and leveraging technology to transform the efficiency and consistency of your recruiting model
• How Burlington Stores has radically restructured its staffing function and innovated its hiring processes to drive a higher performing talent acquisition department supplying over 750 retail locations
1:30 pm Develop: What More Can We Learn from the Retail Talent Leaders Disrupting Their Brands’ People Strategies?
1:50 pm Action: What Steps Can You Now Take to Transform Your Company’s Approach to Attracting Top Quality Retail Talent?
2:20 pm Refreshment Break
Re-Vitalize the Engagement of Your Hourly Workforce
2:40 pm Discover: Re-Writing the Rulebook on Compensation & Benefits in the New World of Retail to Transform Employee Satisfaction & Retention
- Richelle Holbrook Vice President of Co-Worker Experience & Total Rewards, IKEA
• What traditional thinking do we need to challenge to enable our retail co-workers to better adapt to the changing world?
• Non-traditional approaches to providing true value to our employees in retail: what are we offering as an employer, what does our team need, and how do we bridge that gap?
• How IKEA has radically revamped its benefits offering through a cost-neutral strategy to better meet the requirements of its hourly retail workforce, and achieve an 85% retention goal by 2023
3:00 pm Discover: Shifting HR Priorities to Adapt to the New World of Retail: Driving an Hourly Workforce Compensation Transformation
- Natalie Breece Senior Vice President, People, thredUP
• What traditional thinking do we need to challenge around how we incentivize and reward our hourly workforce?
• Shifting HR priorities to drive business success in a new working environment: What does it take to create a world-class working environment for every cohort of our workforce?
• How thredUP has transformed its approach to compensation plans for its large-scale contingent workforce to retain the talent critical for supporting the business’ 20% growth since shelter-in-place orders started