10am - 5.30pm EST | 7am - 2.30pm PST
All the times below are in EST
10:00 am Conference Registration & Networking
10:30 am Introduction from the LEAP HR Team: What it Takes to Make a Leap a Reality
Opening Keynote: Break Away from Traditional Retail HR
10:40 am Discover: Driving the New HR Leadership Strategy That Will Enable Your Retail People & Brand to Thrive Amidst Industry Change
- Brandy Sislow Chief Human Resources Officer, Kendra Scott
- Beth Ley Head of Compensation & Benefits, Kendra Scott
• What do we need to do differently as HR leaders to truly unlock the potential of our retail workforce & brands?
• New approaches to enabling a culture of agility, engagement, and performance in a challenging industry environment
• How the HR team at Kendra Scott has re-written the rulebook on strategic HR by leveraging technology and supporting their retail 1500 associates to drive performance when it matters the most
11:00 am Discover: Drive HR Adaptability to Transform your Strategic Impact & Better Meet the Needs of your Growing Retail Brand
- Sarah Steers Vice President of Human Resources, Escalade Sports
• What do we need to do differently as HR leaders to provide the agile service that our retail firms require of us?
• The fresh approaches to identifying business needs and adapting to them cohesively amidst mass industry disruption
• How one HR leader from Escalade Sports has driven business agility in a 100 year old retailer by supporting talent, leadership, and wellness to support a year of doubledigit growth and record sales across 46 global brands
11:20 am Discover: Redefining HR’s Role in Retail: Leading Through a Global Pandemic & Societal Discord
- Hollie Castro Senior Vice President - People, YETI
• What do we need to stop, start and continue to be a high-impact HR and business leader in times of crisis?
• Taking new approaches to driving discussion and supporting your retail workforce to enable brand success when it matters the most
• How the HR team at YETI is championing an agile leadership role to support over 650 employees with industry-leading people strategies in a challenging retail environment
11:40 am Develop: What Can We Learn from the Retail HR Leaders Driving NonTraditional HR & Achieving Non-Traditional Results?
12:00 pm Speed Networking Break
Champion Employee Health & Wellbeing
12:30 pm Discover: Spearheading Transformational Employee Wellbeing Initiatives to Safeguard the Health of your Retail Workforce
- Sarah Eglin Head of People – Food Stores & Logistics, Co-op
• What changes can our HR team and employer make to best support the life, health and wellbeing of our retail colleagues?
• Bridging the gap: Transformational new approaches and initiatives to address and remedy the link between shift patterns and poor health in our 24/7 retail culture
• Exploring Co-Op’s Night Club: A radical intervention that brings together sleep researchers and shift workers with the aim of embedding new policy and practice to best support the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and create a better and healthier experience of working at night
12:50 pm Discover: Redesigning Traditional Leadership Development Programs to Support Your Scaling Brand with High-Impact People
- Holly MacWilliam Head of People Development, Farfetch
• How can we better unite global retail leadership teams and support them from a wellbeing – as well as a commercial – development perspective?
• The fresh approaches to combining wellbeing and people development: revolutionize how people learn
• How Farfetch has transformed its approach to leadership development over a 2-year project to better support its 4,500 strong retail workforce with a high-impact, authentic management team in 2020 and beyond
1:10 pm Develop: How Can We Better Support the Health & Wellbeing of Our Employees in the 24/7 Retail Industry?
1:30 pm Action: What Changes Can You Make to Make a Real Impact on Your Workforce’s Life, Health, & Wellbeing?
1:50 pm Refreshment Break
Equip Your Leaders to Thrive Amidst Change
2:20 pm Discover: Re-Imagining Store Manager Training to Transform Retention, Drive High-Quality Leadership, & Support Business Scale
- Cheryl Smiddy Head of Learning & Development, United Dairy Farmers
• What can we do more of to equip our store managers with the leadership skills they need to go from good to great?
• What it takes to design, build, and execute a store supervisor training & development program that suits the diversity and breadth of your associates, and meets strategic business requirements
• How United Dairy Farmers have transformed the performance of their store leaders with quarterly training programs to boost leadership, accountability, and people management – transforming the retention rates of its 3,200 associates
2:50 pm Discover: Driving HR Agility to Re-write the Rulebook on Developing Future Store Leaders
- Jen Carew Head of Leadership Development, Whole Foods Market
- Mike Van Lente Global Head of Learning & Development, Whole Foods Market
• What traditional thinking do we need to challenge to modernize the way we are developing our future store leaders?
• Leveraging the drive toward technology to transform your approach to leadership development on a national scale
• How Whole Foods Market’s new virtual, unified national leadership development program for its store leaders has transformed engagement and set new boundaries for delivering training in the retail industry of 2021 and beyond
3:10 pm Develop: What Impact Can Transforming Leadership Development Programs Make on Your People & Brand Performance?
3:30 pm Action: What Are You Now Going to Do to Overhaul Your Approach to Leadership Development in Retail?
3:50 pm Refreshment Break
Speed Learning: HR Leaps from Retail People Leaders
4:20 pm Uncover the story behind three Retail industry HR leaps in one quick-fire session. Each of the tables is hosted by an HR leader who will tell the story of their leap; you then get the chance to question the host before moving on to your next table.
Driving the Use of HR Automation & Tools to Transform Associate
Communication & Experience in Retail
Nick Malcom, Vice President - Human Resource Operations, Kum & Go
Dissecting the Future for Specialty Retail: What Does the 2020 Experience Mean for HR Leaders?
Shauna Grinke, Head of Human Resources, Lush
How Can Retail Talent Acquisition Functions Boost Retention by Better Identifying & Preparing Internal Candidates for Potential New Positions?
JoJo Cosman, Regional Talent Acquisition Lead, Lowe’s